Here are the preview questions for John, Chapter 4. These are intended to help you grasp the factual material so that you can focus on the spiritual. They come from the same source as before: http://www.orthodoxyouth.org/john/quiz/4quiz.pdf. They are
2. In chapter 4, John records that Jesus was wearied from His journey and came and sat by Jacob’s well. There he met someone of whom he ask, “Give me a drink.” Who did he meet at the well and ask for this water?
3. Did the Jews and Samaritans get along well with one another at the time of Jesus?
4. Fill in the blank: “Jesus answered and said to her, ‘If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you _______ water.”
5. Choose one: Jesus told the Samaritan woman that those who drink the water from Jacob’s well will thirst again, but those who received water from Him will never thirst. Jesus further said, “But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into ____________. a. an eternal fountain; b. everlasting life; c. refreshment eternal.
6. Fill in one of the blanks: In His conversation with the Samaritan woman at the well, Jesus told her, “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in ______ and _______; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.”
7. Did Jesus ever tell the Samaritan woman at the well that he was the Messiah? “Yes or No”
8. Who said, “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”
9. Jesus said, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish _____________. a. His
10. Yes or No: After the Samaritan Women told the other Samaritans about Jesus, did they (the
Samaritan people) want Jesus to leave immediately?
11. Yes or No: Did the Samaritan people, that the Samaritan woman at the well told about Jesus, come to believe on their own account that Jesus was “the Christ, the Savior of the World”?
12. Choose one: What was the second sign Jesus did when He had come out of Judea into Galilee? a. Healed the blind man; b. Healed nobleman’s son; c. Healed the paralytic.